Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Spencer asked Calli to call me this morning about breakfast. He's sweet. She made an awesome breakfast! It was thick slices of French toast, bacon, sliced strawberries, juicy blueberries and whipped cream she whipped herself. It was pretty much amazing.

After breakfast Stephen's sister Debbie and brother James came over. James told me he is in Uncle Steve and Aunt Marla's ward in Washington. Marla read my blog and pieced things together. I thought that was cool.

James talked Russian with Mati. He also brought a couple of books for the family. It was nice of him. It was a good visit. Spencer took a couple of pictures with James and his son.

Spencer is so frustrated with the tumor making it hard to think. It's brought him to tears a couple of times today. The knowledge is there. He knows it. The tumor has just grown so much that its severing the links. The dots just aren't connecting like they should. It's growing fast again too. He's been off pain meds for so long and the last week or two he's been having them again.

He will stare off into space sometimes. I ask what he's looking at. He says he doesn't know. I wonder if the vail is starting to thin yet.

We had a BBQ for lunch/dinner. I came home around 1:30 so I could make a potato salad to go with. I don't like traditional potato salad. I make mine more like a baked potato. I like it. I also liked that I was able to help contribute to the BBQ.

The Hales family had been so gracious about me always being there. They always have a place for me during meal times. They are all very kind to me. I try to help in ways that I can. I just don't know what to do.

After the BBQ I took everyone who was going to the stadium of fire to the stadium. When I got back Jason and Maryann were there. We all visited for a bit before they left.

I cut Spencer's hair. I hope that helps him feel cooler. This weather has been awful. I think Spencer's hair has gotten thinner. When I cut it I thought i'd put on the wrong blade. I hadn't. It looked shorter than normal. Thinner hair would do that. I could also be on crack. Who knows.

I was able to get a couple of pictures of Spencer and I. This is our last holiday together. That is unreal to me.

He really is slipping fast. I could tell a difference between yesterday and today. I fear tomorrow.

Last year at this time he helped me move into my apartment. It's amazing how much things can change in a year. 525,600 minutes gone in a flash.

Happy 4th of July Everyone.

1 comment:

  1. You totally have me in tears right now. It's hard to hear you talk about Spencer like he's getting and yet I know it needs to happen. For you and for those of us who will lose him. I'm glad your day was good though.

    ReplyDelete