Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 704


There is a country song. It's called 'What a Beautiful Day' By Chris Cagle. The Song tells you about a relationship. Day 1- 50 years. “Day 18,253, That’s 50 years. Here’s to you and me.” I love this song a lot. You can view the music video with the URL I have provided

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5qQfGv6p-I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I have known Spencer for 704 days. I have been thinking about that a lot today. Why? I don’t know. I was just thinking about how we progressed in our relationship.

Day 1 – Played mini golf, had dinner and watched a movie. I thought he didn’t like me. I liked him.
Day 4 – I made him dinner at my house.
Day 29 – I pinned his flower to his suit coat at Derek and River’s Wedding. I hadn’t seen him since day 4.
Day 43 – We went grocery shopping after Derek and River’s second reception. (This was our first trip to Winco.)
Day 44 – He came over for Sunday dinner.
Day 45 – I cut his hair.
Day 96 – He finally held my hand.
Day 101 – he Kissed me.
Day 185 - We decided that we were boyfriend/girlfriend
Day 188 – He told me he loved me.
Day 650 – He’s cancer landed him in the hospital.
We have been together for 704 days. I was really hoping for 50 years with Spencer. I wouldn’t trade any of those 704 days for the world. I’ve seen him almost every day since day 43. I sure love him.

The women in my family die young. I don’t think I have 50 years of life left. I think I’ll be around maybe until I’m 65. That’s 23,725 ish days. I’m 26 years old. I’ve used up about 9,177 ish of those days. I only have roughly 14,548 days left. I’m really okay with that. It makes me kind of happy that I don’t have to be on this earth as long as some people. Spencer said he'd be there to say "hi" when I die. I'm sure my mom will help make that happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your mom and Spencer will give you great big hugs as well. It's good to know we'll see our loved ones again. I can't wait until I see my mother again. I haven't seen her in 6,022 days. Wow. Seems like a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete