Monday, April 18, 2011

Memory Monday

THE HAPPY GO PUKEY ROAD!!! Told through the eyes of a 6 year old.

We were on a trip selling candy, at least I think we were... We were coming to the end of what seemed like an eternity but was probably only a weekend. I also think we saw John John that trip... It was Mom, Dad, Dedra, Garen, Adam, myself and Kyle. We were in what I remember as the smallest car I had seen in my life at that point. We were headed north on hwy 101. If you have ever been on that road you know it twists and turns. It goes up and down. It has so many trees lining it that even if you feel fine you'll get sick watching them.

We were sick of being on the road. We were sick of being in the car. We were sick of each other. We were flat out sick too. I don't remember who puked first but once it started there was no stopping! It was a chain reaction of vomit! Dad stopped the car because Kyle, being the sickest 2 year old in the world had puked from both ends all over Mom.

We got out of the car still sick. Some of us puked on the side of the road. Some of us were feeling better. My parents and those who were not dying helped clean up the car as best as we could.

We had to get back in the car because we were still 3 hours from home. That was the longest 3 hours of my life! What's funny is a couple of years ago Dedra and I were driving to Adam's house and we were like "hey! This is the happy go pukey road!" haha

There was an episode of Tiny Toons were Plucky went on a trip with the pig... I can't remember his name. They went to a theme park and there was a ride called "Happy Go Pukey" that's were we came up with the name.

I hope you've enjoyed my trip down Memory Lane... Ah good times.

2 comments: